Maui offers so many diverse activities, that it is sometimes hard to decide what to do. Below, we have compiled a short list of 5 items. We think that all visitors should, at least, do all 5. Enjoy !!
1) Watch the Sunrise at Haleakala – words simply cannot describe the beauty. Please remember, the summit is over 10,000 feet and VERY cold. So bring lots of warm clothes.
2) Drive to Hana and visit Wai’anapanapa State Park & Hasegawa General Store & Hamoa Beach – go experience the drive, the waterfalls, the scenary and the serenity of the one and only Hana town.
3) Snorkel Honolua Bay – this is the best snorkeling on Maui and should not be missed.
4) Visit La Perouse Bay – located at “the end of the road”, this is the location of the last volcanic eruption on Maui.
5) Lahaina Banyan Tree / shopping – the tree and the whaling history of Lahaina is very interesting. And, although personally, I am not a big fan of shopping, strolling the streets is always interesting.
6) Sunset at Kam III – the beach park right in front of the condo on Kihei road is one of the nicest places to watch the legendary Hawaiian sunsets. Each night about an hour before sunset a crowd gathers on the lawn. Some bring frisbees. Some bring a glass of wine. The keiki play while the parents chat and enjoy God’s nightly masterpiece.